Book Haul!

 

 

Hello hello! I neglected this blog last week to give myself a little break, but I'm back! This week I'm sharing some books I got recently, and intend to use this to hold myself accountable to actually read these books. 

Last weekend, I took a trip to Buffalo with two of my best friends, and after a delightful afternoon at the zoo, we found our way to three fantastic independent bookstores in the city. I did not plan to come home with a dozen new books, but it be like that sometimes. Here's what I got: 



I seriously could have gotten twice as many, tbh. I found so many gems at these three stores, so believe it or not, this IS a display of restraint. A few of these, like The Tethered Mage, The Tiger at Midnight, and A River of Royal Blood are books I've been searching for for AGES and for some reason B&N doesn't seem to carry them in-store anymore. So of COURSE I had to grab them when I saw them! Obviously! 

Hush and Last Night at the Telegraph Club are two recent releases I've had my eye on, so those, too, were instant purchases. I got all of these mentioned so far from Talking Leaves Books! If you're ever in the Buffalo area, I highly recommend that little store! 

The last two on the pile, George and The Hate U Give are from Burning Books, a cute little shop featuring only books by authors from marginalized communities. I've read The Hate U Give, but I listened to the audiobook (which is excellent), so I didn't own a physical copy. Now I do! Teehee! And George by Alex Gino is a book I've seen floating around for a while, so I figured I'd snag it as long as I was there so I could support an indie bookstore.

I genuinely am excited to read all of these, especially since they're all books I've wanted for a while. So I guess I should get reading, huh. 

I am so good at buying books, y'all, and so BAD at reading them. It's a curse, honestly.

What I'm reading: I just started LEGENDBORN by Tracy Deonn, and I'm loving it so far! Not a ton has happened yet but I love the MC and her personality. I've heard this is one of the best new YA fantasy books out right now, so I'm ready to get swept away. 

What I'm writing: I'm slowly working through a round of revisions on THE DEMON MAGE, which is going a lot slower than I want it to, but I'm trying to tell myself that's because I'm taking more time to make sure it meets my standards and I'm not just throwing words on the page. They have to be good words now. I am long past the point of messy drafts with this book. So taking my time is a good thing, but I just wanna get through it so I can go back to querying lol. Hopefully the wait will be worth it, though! 

I'm also fiddling around with an outline for a sequel to THE ORACLE STONE, but I'm trying to keep that on the back burner until April. This month, I'm focusing on revising THE DEMON MAGE, and I hope to draft something new for April Camp NaNoWriMo, so that's where my TOS book 2 will come in. If it can wait. 

Lastly, I impulsively started a new short story the other day, because apparently short stories are something I do now, and if I can get it done and polished by the end of the month, there's a fantasy anthology I want to submit it to. We'll see, though, because currently the story is more vibes than plot. I have very little clue of what's going on, but hey I'm having fun with it! 

That's really it for this week! See y'all next time!


Check out my debut novel! THE ORACLE STONE is available in ebook and paperback from Amazon

 

 

 

 

 

 


And submit your receipt here to get book goodies -- there's still a bunch available!


Reviews help my book reach more readers! If you read THE ORACLE STONE and enjoy it, I'd love if you left a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads!!


 

 

Website | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | Carrd


Comments