10 Favorite Books of 2021

 


Hello hello! It's been a while, but since the year is coming to a close and everyone else is making these lists, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon too! I never could resist a trend. 

Somehow, despite being in a terrible reading slump for half of 2021, I read a total of 75 books this year. That is bonkers. Choosing just ten big faves out of that whole list was tough, but here we go! In no particular order... 


Talli's 10 Favorite Reads of 2021


1. BLACK SUN by Rebecca Roanhorse

This was the book that broke my reading slump, and it is easily one of the best fantasy novels I have ever read. It's simply excellent.



2. OF SILVER AND SHADOW by Jennifer Gruenke

The ensemble cast in this book is just *chef's kiss.* Firecracker characters wrapped up in a twisty plot - what's not to love? 



3. AMULET OF WISHES by Rita A. Rubin

This book was an instant favorite, and is everything I love in a high fantasy adventure. With a fabulous cast and intricate worldbuilding, it reads like classic fantasy books I loved as a teen (and still love now).


4. THE GODDESS OF NOTHING AT ALL by Cat Rector

Is there a stronger word than excellent? Exquisite? Absolutely phenomenal? I will not shut up about how incredible this book is. 



5. VESPERTINE by Margaret Rogerson

Oh, this one was just fantastic. Margaret Rogerson never disappoints, and this book is literally unlike anything I've ever read. Instant fave.



6. GATHERING OF THE FOUR by A.E. Bennett

I can't say it enough: I. Love. This. Book. A totally unique story set in an intricately designed dystopian future, and characters who jump off the page. Overall an excellent read.



7. METANOIA by Juniper Lake Fitzgerald

AUGH I love this book so much. If you're a fan of dark fantasy, looming secrets, and stellar characters running the show, you've gotta get your hands on this one. Another instant fave.



8. TARNISHED ARE THE STARS by Rosiee Thor

This is another one that I immediately loved. Intriguing plot, wonderful cast of characters, and really really cool worldbuilding. A go-to recommendation for sci-fi/steampunk fans for sure.



9. STORMBRINGER (and HALFSLEEPER) by Erinn Harper

Yes I'm cheating by grouping these two together but I can't just pick one! These books are honest-to-god some of the coolest urban fantasies I've ever read. Fast paced, full of mystery, and all around simply epic. 


10. BLOODY SPADE by Brittany M. Willows

Once again cannot express how awesome this book is. Rapid paced, twisty, intricate, and with characters to die for. All around a really, really well done book.

Comments