Guest Reviewer: Laura on FLY FOR BOTH OF US by E. Mellyberry

 


Hello hello! Today I have the our very first guest review post! In case you missed it, I am now inviting all book bloggers, Goodreads reviewers, and any readers who enjoy indie books to submit a review (new or old) to be featured here on my blog. More info about that here on my website

Laura (@spooks_laura on twitter) kindly submitted their review of Fly For Both of Us by E. Mellyberry, which sounds like a simply delightful story! Here's what they had to say:


Fly For Both of Us is a romance spanning over the course of a few years, from when the characters are 15-16 to 21. It features a British Indian character and a Chinese character. It deals with grief, loss, eating disorder, figuring yourself out and sacrifices.

It was such a beautifully heartbreaking story. The characters had a lot of chemistry and I loved them as a couple. Ben's family was a delight, Kailendra herself was so fun and the book is told through dual POV, which i just think is superior tbh. The first half is narrated by Ben, the last half by Kai.

The only thing that irked me was the HP references, JK Rowling being a shitty person and all. But it didn't really deter my enjoyment of the book. It made me smile and laugh multiple times and even cry a little bit.

 

I do love when books make me cry, so I might have to check this one out! For more of Laura's book recommendations, you can follow them on Twitter and Instagram.

Thanks again to Laura for sharing this review! 

 

Twitter | Instagram | Website | Newsletter | Goodreads

Comments