Books of May & June

 


Hello hello!! Haven't done a reading update in a hot minute, so today I'll talk about the books I've read in May and June. It is, once again, not a lot, but what I have read has been real good. Let's get into it!


MEET CUTE DIARY by Emery Lee. Omg, I loved this one. A cute, queer, fun contemporary romance. The characters are funny and authentic and so full of messy emotions; I loved following them through this story!





KATE IN WAITING by Becky Albertalli. I have loved every single one of Becky's books, and this one was no exception. Messy characters and SO much drama packed into this funny, emotional contemporary novel.





OFF THE RECORD by Camryn Garrett. I grabbed this one from the library on a whim and ended up speeding through it in like two days. It moves QUICK and whew, a heavy-hitting, relevant contemporary with some real shit and important things said. Also the MC was a joy to read, and the little romance subplot was fun!




HEARTSTOPPER VOLUME 3 by Alice Oseman. I ADORE these graphic novels, and this volume gave me all the feels. Man. I never want this series to end. It's so sweet and so full of emotions, and Charlie and Nick are disasters but I love them so much. 

 

 

 

COUNTING DOWN WITH YOU by Tashie Bhuiyan. I had high expectations for this book and they were def met! I loved Karina and Ace, loved the strong character arcs throughout the book, and I'm still blown away by how much the emotions leaped off the page. Books don't often make me actually cry, but this one did!

 

 

 


TAPROOT by Keezy Young. This was another spur of the moment library find, and it's SO cute and SO sweet. A gorgeous, queer little graphic novel about some ghosts and the boy who can talk to them. 





INCREDIBLE DOOM by Matthew Bogart and Jesse Holden. I also got this from the library because it looked cool, and it is, in fact, really cool. Super weird, super different, and kinda spooky, but it was an interesting story and I liked how the characters started out separate and then intersected.




OF SILVER AND SHADOW by Jennifer Gruenke. This is the first fantasy novel I've managed to finish in a HOT minute, and I freaking loved it. Fast-paced, messy, and featuring some surprising twists and turns, I tore through this book so fast. I want ten more.




Now for some INDIE BOOKS!


AMULET OF WISHES by Rita A. Rubin. I could Not wait to get my hands on this one when I heard about it, and it was one of my favorite indie reads so far this year. Lovable characters, high-stakes plot, and fantastic worldbuilding -- everything I love in a high fantasy novel!!




FUTURES, FRIENDS, AND OTHER FIRSTS by Amara Lynn. This was an adorable little novella with an anxious yet sweet MC and a really cute romance! A nice, fluffy break from the high stakes books I was reading alongside it. 

 

 

 

 

DAYLIGHT CHASERS by Rue Sparks. I loved this novella! Really cool concept, great characters, and an emotional plot. It felt both fresh and familiar, and the subtle worldbuilding was really well done.


 



 

CUTE MUTANTS VOL. 1: MUTANT PRIDE by SJ Whitby. I'd seen this series hyped up on twitter and I'm so glad I finally got around to reading book one because omg, I loved it so much. Fantastic cast of characters, fun and fast-paced plot, and all kinds of chaos that made me remember that I do love superhero stories! I can't wait to read the rest.

 

 

 

And that's about it! I'm currently reading Wings of Ebony by J. Elle, Sweet & Bitter Magic by Adrienne Tooley, Sedition by E.M. Wright, Beloved by J.H. Rose, and Baker Thief by Claudie Arseneault -- and enjoying all of them so far! I also just bought way too many new books so I really need to get my butt in gear and freakin READ. *sobs* 

 ***

With June coming to an end, there's only a few more days to grab my debut, THE ORACLE STONE, for $0.99 on Amazon, B&N, and Kobo! The sale price for Pride month goes away July 1, so get 'em while they're hot!

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Universal link

It would also mean the world to me if those of you who have read THE ORACLE STONE would leave a rating and/or review on Amazon and/or Goodreads!

As another reminder, preorders for the hardcover editions of THE ORACLE STONE are now open! If you'd like to get your hands on a gorgeous special edition featuring a bonus deleted scene, preorder yours today!


 

That's all I got for y'all today, now I'm off to moderate #WOWchat on twitter and then hopefully write some words!

Catch ya next week for another indie author interview!

 

Twitter | Instagram | Website | Goodreads | Storygraph

Comments